Featued Book Review

Below is my current featured book review. To find other books, click on the links on the sidebar or search above.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Eragon or Star Wars????


Okay, I don't know if many people reading this will have actually read the book Eragon or seen the movie. It is considered "high fantasy", so if you don't like that kind of thing you probably haven't read it and won't want to. However much I enjoyed this book, which I did, it seems kind of like Star Wars set in Lord of the Rings. When you first look at it you might think, oh great, this is another copycat of LOTR, but the plot is a lot more like Star Wars. Lets see:


A teenage boy living with his uncle on a farm located in the Empire, ruled by a evil king. He ends up getting a dragon, which puts him in peril. Evil agents come and destroy his farm and murder his uncle. He then flees his home town with the old story teller man, who teaches him magic. The old man ends up getting killed. Eragon the joins forces with a an older teenage boy, who is also running away. Together they rescue a beautiful woman in a prison filled with the king's soldiers. From there the escape to the secret hideout of a band of rebels who want to dethrone the king and destroy the Empire. The book ends with a big battle.

Now, lets see, excepting the dragon, you can probably see how the story compares to Star Wars. If you have read Eragon you could probably play "Match the Eragon Characters to the Star Wars Characters."

I know that my Mom wrote a very similar post about this same thing, but I just felt like writing a post of my own.

5 comments:

Alice C. said...

We really should play the "match up the characters and plot twists" thing sometime. It would be fun.

I love you, honey! Mom

paintballboya4 said...

yeah,I agree but, Eragon was a lot better than the others. I read the book and saw the movie.

Can you read it now?

Cari C. said...

Yes, Aaron, I can read it now.

Actually I really did like Eragon enough that I bought it and Eldest.

Katie Hart - Pinterest Manager said...

Great post! I haven't read Eragon yet, but I love comparing plots and characters.

Thanks for linking to my blog!

Anna said...

Hi Cari,
It's me Anna. I'm reading your blog!!!!!!!! I really likr it.

Anna